Monday, June 6, 2016

Promotion

Promotion is the most key part for my product this means that I am going to have to come up with a strategy in order to get my product up and going and for that I will need different types of plans to promote my product. In the textbook it says in Marketing an Introduction 10th Edition by Gary Armstrong; and Philip Kotler (pg 42) '' Each broad marketing strategy must then be defined in great detail. For example increasing the products promotion may require more salespeople, advertising and public relations efforts; if so, both requirements will needed to be spelled out''. Now days people are using social media more then anything I would have to show off my product but not just by social media such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. I am going to need to do different activities to show off my product and how it would be a good fit for any type of bar and it can be use in any food type situation. In the textbook it says in Marketing an Introduction 10th Edition by Gary Armstrong; and Philip Kotler pg (223) '' These and other service firms establish their positions through traditional marketing mix activities. However, because services differ from tangible products, they often require additional marketing approaches''. I would then get people to try my food in different bars and also let my family try it out since I have a big family they will be the perfect taste testers out there. I would get a spokesperson  to talk about how good my food is and also spread the word by using flyers and getting different venues all over the east and west coast. Also get enough money to put my food in a commercial once I get it in a commercial people are going to know about my food and want to try it. In the textbook it says in Marketing an Introduction 10th Edition by Gary Armstrong; and Philip Kotler (pg 11) ''The selling concept takes an inside-out perspective. It starts with factory, focuses on the company's existing products, and calls for heavy selling and promotion to obtain profitable sales. The idea that consumers will not buy enough of the firm's products unless it undertakes a large scale selling and promtion effort''.  

No comments:

Post a Comment